Monday, February 11, 2013

New teaching strategy


The two new teaching strategies which I have tried are mentioned below. I have got positive feedback from students for both of these strategies. I am planning to use them in next semester as well.

Collaborative Learning

I have tried the collaborative learning during this semester. Instead of students doing individual assignments I gave them topics on LMS discussion board where they have to do discussion with each other and come up with a single solution for the problem. Students love the idea to share their work with each other using Internet from their home. They share their own opinions and commented on others opinion. Student engagement and participation level was very high.

Flip Class Room

I have created a small learning nuggets for Management and Leadership course. Students were given these videos one week before the lecture. Students go over these lectures during the week. Once they come in class we go over these concepts quickly and spend more time on the cases and exercise during the class time. Students like idea as they were able to translate the difficult word in advance and they have an idea what is discussed in the class. This allow me to minimize the lecture time and increase the activity time in class in which all students participated keenly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment